SQL Application Support Analyst (SQL Server Application Support Engineer UNIX Windows Batch Scripting Banking Finance) required by my client in London.
You MUST have the following experience:
- Strong SQL Server - writing queries, stored procedures, views, tables
- Finance or banking experience- knowledge of loans, lending, mortgages, deposits, trading or asset finance within investment banking, corporate banking, commercial banking, private banking or retail banking
The following would be DESIRABLE, not essential:
- UNIX and Windows batch scripting tools
- IIS, Tomcat, Apache
- ETL tools
- Application support for SQL based applications- trouble shooting load failures, application interface issues, bugs etc
Role: SQL Application Support Engineer in a team of two for a medium-sized investment bank in London. You will be working in a global role, providing support for a range of applications including ALMM (Additional Liquidity Monitoring Metrics) and Balance Sheet. You will work closely with the centralised Data Analytics team of 6 that provides financial and regulatory reporting for business divisions across EMEA. You will support front-office users who call with queries about data quality, reports or application faults for a range of in-house and 3rd party SQL, Windows and UNIX-based applications. If you do not have the experience, you will be trained in Windows and UNIX batch scripting. You will also be trained in the configuration and support of web (Apache, Tom Cat and IIS) based applications and Informatica.
After a settling-in period, there will be on-call work. It will be one week in four.
The bank is relaxed, sociable and meritocratic. There are excellent opportunities for progression: within 2 years, you could be in a Business Analyst or Senior Developer position. You will be:
- Motivated to continue to learn and develop your skills
- Confident in working and communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues
Salary: £35k - £50k + 20% Bonus + 10% Pension