Project Manager (Change Target Operating Model TOM Project Management Process Engineering Treasury Capital Markets Corporate Banking Investment Finance IT PRINCE2 PMI) required by my banking client in London. You MUST have the following:
- 5+ years' experience as a Project Manager in the banking sector up until present- through a consultancy is acceptable
- Current or recent experience as a Project Manager for a corporate, institutional or investment banking department, alternatively a bank's treasury or capital markets function
- Project Manager of business change, process change, process re-engineering or Target Operating Models (TOM's)
- Experience juggling multiple projects, in a banking environment, simultaneously; one large project for a prolonged period of time is not suitable
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
The following would be DESIRABLE:
- Experience as a Project Manager for IT projects such as: system or platform implementation; system functionality; website functionality; IT infrastructure
- Exposure to a front office trading environment; knowledge of asset classes, vanilla and exotic derivatives
- Experience on international projects
- Project Manager certifications such as PMI or PRINCE2
Role: Project Manager within a central Business Analysis and Project Manager team that report into the bank's COO, based in London. The team covers projects in the northern hemisphere, amounting to 3500 people. They deliver 60% business change, Target Operating Model and process change projects and 40% IT projects, such as system implementation, platform upgrades, infrastructure or digital. The role will be dedicated to the institutional, corporate and investment banking (ICIB) function which accommodates their former capital markets. The role will cover front and middle offices. Projects in process or to come include MIFID II, the implementation of a 3rd party trading application and structured equity launches. You will be delivering multiple projects simultaneously and independently, lasting as little as 2-4 weeks and as long as 12 months.
The bank's culture is relaxed, sociable and meritocratic; there is a very flat hierarchy and significant freedom of bureaucracy and process, meaning rapid delivery.
Progression is guaranteed in terms of influence, profile of projects or even the opportunity to move into senior business roles.
Staff retention levels are very high.
Salary: £80k - £100k + 30% Bonus + 10% Pension