IT Communications Manager
6 month contract
Hays Recruitment are working in partnership with a public sector organisation in the Leicester area to appoint a IT Communications Manage on a temporary basis. The successful candidate will work with the IT Training and Communications team in order to support and develop the organisation's staff and students in their effective use of current and future technologies.
This role will enhance the effectiveness of IT communications to enable users to make the best use of the IT services provided. Our client is seeking an experienced IT Communications Specialist who has a wide knowledge about the ways in which all stakeholders of a large organisation depend on and use the services provided by IT Services. They are also required to have extensive understanding about the full range of services in the IT Services Portfolio in order to support the job purpose above.
- Develop, design and/or deliver customer focussed large scale/mass media communications to University staff and students on IT issues.
- Participate as the customer communications specialist in IT projects to develop new and enhanced IT services.
- Oversee the development of the IT Services web presence and social media channels, supervising the work of the Information Developer and graduate intern(s), to ensure IT services published information is kept up-to-date, relevant and engaging.
- Provide specialist communication advice, technical expertise and guidance to ITS staff to drive constant improvement in user experience and to enhance the reputation of IT Services through improved communication.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Good degree in an IT related discipline or with equivalent additional experience*
- A minimum of three years of experience working in customer facing roles within a complex IT organization*
- Experience designing and delivering communication plans/campaigns*
- Proficient in the design and development of Web solutions and website development approaches based on the following*:
- Web Content Management Systems
- Analysis of Web usage statistics
- Usability testing
- Some experience of supervising staff
- Knowledge of Plain English principles
- Experience using Blackboard VLE
- Aware of information security legislation such as DP, FOI and Copyright
- Some experience of teaching and/or conducting training workshops
- IT Service Management (ITIL) foundation
- Prince2 Foundation
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills. Able to express complex technical concepts in plain English*
- Customer focused with excellent knowledge of stakeholders across the University and their dependency on IT services
- Able to work with minimal supervision. Self-confident and self-motivated. Able to organise, prioritise and plan own work
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Maintain an awareness of current and future trends in IT and quick to learn new concepts and technologies
If you have the necessary experience and would like to apply for this role please apply now with an up to date copy of your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience, together with your current salary, salary requirements for this role and also your notice period/availability. Alternatively you can call Daney Bowen at Hays IT in Birmingham on 0121 230 1455 if you require additional information.