Agile Team Manager (DevOps Scrum Team Leader Product Manager Developer Development Software Engineer Programmer Micro Services Agile Scrum Master Continuous Integration Automation Digital Finance Banking) required by my banking client in London. You MUST have the following experience:
- Current or recent experience as a Manager or Team Lead for application development teams- leading Agile Scrum teams of at least 5 engineers to deliver applications. These teams must have been multi-functional, consisting of developers, testers and, ideally, DevOps engineers
- Management experience - performance management, strategy, delegation, training and mentoring
- Agile Scrum
- Experience in a highly Agile environment, practising as many of the DevOps techniques as possible:
- Continuous integration
- Automation deployment
- Configuration management
The following is DESIRABLE, not essential:
- A contributor to the online and open-source community
- Budget management and planning
- Exposure/experience of operational software support
- Banking or finance
- An early career as a developer or software engineer
Role: Agile Scrum Team Manager required by my banking client in London. You will be the Domain Owner and man-manager of one of five Agile Scrum teams that design, develop, test, release and support ASP.NET online banking applications. You will have a team of 6-10 consisting of developers, testers, DevOps engineers and a business analyst. Together, you will deliver a suite of applications that allow the business to on-board new clients and cross-sell the product range. Currently, the team is operating at up to 30 releases/month on the suite of applications.
The role will require some product strategy and ownership but the emphasis will be on liaising with peers in the department to understand departmental strategy and synchronise the delivery of initiatives. This will also result in the direct collaboration with the business.
You will be required to contribute to the continuous evolution of the department from an Agile perspective. The 2017/18 budget is set but you will have responsibility over charging the business and next years' budget.
The department and bank takes management seriously. It is essential that you have good man-management experience that encompasses delegation, training, mentoring, performance management, hiring, appraisals and strategy.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a department that is so progressive and one of the most advanced technology departments in London's corporate world. Hours are 9-5 and staff retention is excellent. The environment is relaxed and creative. The culture is meritocratic and rewards talent.
There will be greenfield project work and other continuous project work. There is great opportunity for progression.
Salary: £75k- £95k + 10% Pension + 30% Bonus