We have now combined the expertise from both Thames Valley Police and Hampshire Constabulary into a single department servicing both forces.
If you want a role with a genuine sense of purpose, a more interactive and engaging experience and a unique opportunity to shape our future technology - we believe you’ve found it.
- To undertake the day-to-day operation and control of all aspects of a single Force's radio communications infrastructure.
- Testing and delivery of radio related hardware.
- To undertake routine maintenance of hardware and software to fulfil business requirements while maintaining continued operation of the Force's radio estate.
- Ensure the security of the forces radio estate is maintained in line with Home Office guidelines.
- Understand how the application of radio technology impacts the Forces' Policing and business objectives and processes.
- Work in a customer focused environment and part of a team. Must be flexible, adaptable, and able to solve problems while working systematically with little direct supervision
- Good problem solving and trouble-shooting skills with the ability to think logically in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy
- Good understanding of Service Level Agreements.
- Must have capability to travel to different locations across both Forces and undertake all assignments in a timely manner. Due to the requirement to work flexibly, unsocial hours and personal safety for lone working; public transport may not be available or suitable at these times. For this reason a full UK driving licence is considered essential.
- Must be able to work with computer applications from many suppliers.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 26th February 2017.