Unix Systems Administrator
TSYS is one of the world's largest companies for outsourced payment services, offering a broad range of issuer and acquirer processing technologies.
We have a requirement for a Unix/Linux Systems Administrator to join our support team based at the Data Centre in Knaresborough, near Harrogate.
Unix Systems Administrator Essential Skills/Experience:
- Strong working knowledge of Unix (AIX 5, 6 or 7) or Linux (Redhat Enterprise 5 or 6)
- Good working knowledge of middle tier application servers such as Websphere Application Server
- Strong working knowledge of scripting techniques using Shell & Perl
- Working knowledge of clustering techniques and practical use of tools like Veritas Cluster Suite, HACMP, Linux HA and clustered file systems like GPFS
- Support the distributed server platforms in accordance with all TSYS policies and procedures.
- Support issue resolution as and when required working closely with Service Management and providing updates as applicable.
- Ensure that platforms are available in accordance with SLAs by actively monitoring the systems and taking the appropriate actions.
- Perform any other duties commensurate with the role or as assigned by the Team Leader.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an excellent salary and on call allowance, plus additional benefits including private health insurance and a personal pension scheme.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply please click the apply button below