The EU Service Desk provides Fidessa’s first line support service to customers and forms part of Fidessa’s global support team. The desk is responsible for providing both on-site and remote support to users and trading support personnel, maintaining a strong relationship with clients as well as developing a deep understanding of client systems and business practices.
- Hold an IT, numerate or business related Degree or equivalent experience
- Have an enquiring mind with an analytical and proactive approach to problem solving, even when under pressure
- Ability to read and understand code in one or more of the following: C++, TCL, UNIX Scripting
- Service desk analysts need to be dynamic, resilient and objective, delivering rapid and accurate solutions to the incidents raised by customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A confident and professional manner
- Able to manage own time and a changing workload
- Co-operative approach to working with team members and other departments
- Able to view situations from a customer perspective and act accordingly
- A strong desire to develop a deep understanding of financial markets and business flows and fidessa's functionality
- Working knowledge of networks and network infrastructure is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives all client raised incidents and enters on the internal call logging system
- Analyses each call, using business acumen to identify the nature of the incident and action appropriately
- Deals with calls immediately, either independently or by passing to the appropriate team to ensure optimum resolution
- Works to improve knowledge and skills to increase 1st line resolution within the service desk
- Attends client site to assist with issue resolution and increase business knowledge where requested
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments to assist with the delivery of our service to clients
- Adheres to "best practice" and department procedures for client communications, incident progression and investigation
- Participates in the team shift patterns and assists with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required
Fidessa actively encourages career progression within the company, and the service desk is an excellent learning platform for many future roles.
The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading software specialists in the exciting global finance sector. To apply please visit our website at www.fidessa.com/careers. If you have any queries, please contact the Recruitment Team on 01483 206628 for further details.