Service Desk / Service Control Manager
Up to £50k
Service Desk Manger / Service Control Manager is required by highly successful services organisation based in West London. The purpose of the Service Control Manager is to oversee and manage a team of 8 - 10 Service Desk Analysts to ensure that any changes or issues that could affect normal service to internal/external customers are managed to minimise business disruption. The role is focused on providing and sustaining a consistent, quality service ensuring that service requests, incidents and changes are managed appropriately.
* Accountable for the control of service delivered to internal/external customers covering incident, service request, change, problem and access management, ensuring that the best possible levels of service are delivered.
* Build and promote a strong outward facing team with expertise and professionalism in their relationships with internal/external customers and third party service providers
* Provide an effective, value adding service desk function, ensuring that incidents are managed to closure as quickly as possible and effective communication is maintained with internal/external customers.
* Identify root causes of problems affecting service and determine actions required to prevent the recurrence of incidents
* Provide services to internal/external customers to request standard services to an agreed service level, managed through a service catalogue.
* Grant users access to services and prevent access to unauthorised users
* Manage changes to the IT environment, minimising impact to the internal/external customers, ensuring that changes are documented, evaluated, approved, planned with appropriate contingencies to revert or manage any issues arising
* Understand overall business requirements from an IT service, ensure they are met by internal and external delivery teams
* Establish service management tools for managing incidents, service requests, changes and user access, promoting self service and good communication.
* Understand and appreciate multiple perspectives, whilst maintaining focus on the goal of improving service across the business
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced environment to serve the needs of both internal and external customers of IT
* Demonstrate control of the service delivered to the business, through management reporting, insight and continual service improvement.
* IT Service Management experience in a multiple supplier environment with excellent knowledge of Incident, Request, Access, Problem, Change and Release Management
* Knowledge of service management tools to provide effective management and control of services delivered to internal/external customers.
* Supplier and vendor management experience and relationship building expertise
* Business partnering experience
* Experience of establishing processes and implementing accordingly
* Experience of outsourced contract management
* Team and functional leadership
* Experienced in delivering, and leading teams through change
* Excellent influencing skills
* Attention to detail and ability to set priorities according to business strategy and goals
* Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast paced environment
* Good understanding of service control and management processes and tools enabling high quality services and communication to internal/external customers and service providers
* Able to present and report on the quality of services to key stake holders, including board directors, customers and service providers
* Ability to drive continuous service improvement and value adding change
For a full consultation on this role please email your CV to the team at Arc IT Recruitment or call us on 01273 781800.