Rackspace is the global leader in hybrid cloud and founder of OpenStack®, the open-source operating system for the cloud.
Hundreds of thousands of customers look to us to deliver the best-fit infrastructure for their IT needs, leveraging a product portfolio that allows workloads to run where they perform best—whether on the public cloud, private cloud, dedicated servers, or a combination of platforms.
As a Senior Systems Administrator:
- You are an integral part of Rackspace and play a key role in delivering Fanatical Support.
- As a Senior Systems Administrator you will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of technical knowledge in order to deliver world class technical support for a wide variety of technologies and applications.
- As a Senior Systems Administrator at Rackspace you will utilize cutting edge technologies that form the building blocks of scalable and resilient solutions.
- You will work with a team of highly skilled and passionate people that are committed to being FANATICAL in all they do.
- Senior Systems Administrators at Rackspace will work with local teams as well as globally positioned teams to maximize their ability to succeed.
- You will take ownership of requests that employ both dedicated hardware and virtualized solutions as well as solutions built upon Rackspace Open Cloud technologies and Rackspace Hybrid Cloud infrastructure.
- You will be responsible for advising on industry best practices and standards to customers with security, scalability and performance in mind.
- You will be required to solve problems using a wide variety of resources and tools available to you.
- A Senior Systems Administrator will have a strong working knowledge of current technologies while continuously learning about new technologies and practices in order to support Rackspace customers.
- Experience working with troubleshooting complex Physical, Virtualized and Cloud infrastructure configurations.
- Working knowledge of common network topologies and hardware including firewalls, load balancers and servers
- In depth understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or CentOS as well as either Ubuntu or Debian.
- MySQL administration and troubleshooting as well as experience with Postgres, Hadoop or MongoDB is desirable.
- Advanced troubleshooting and configuration with Apache and NGINX.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting high availability clusters using Red Had Cluster Suite is desirable.
- Experience with common CMS and eCommerce software such as Drupal, Wordpress and Magento.
- Working knowledge of web caching software such as memcache and Varnish is advantageous.
- Experience with Postfix troubleshooting and configuration. Other MTA‘s such as Qmail also beneficial
- Experience using and integrating with REST API's
- Ability to work with configurations management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Anisible, Salt Stack highly desirable
- Fundamental knowledge of SSH, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS and other common protocols
- Understand software development methodologies and demonstrate ability to write and troubleshoot code in one or more of the following languages is highly desirable:
- Act as a principle component of FANATICAL Support and live up to the Rackspace CORE values at all time.
- Configure, Administer and Troubleshoot complex solutions built using dedicated hardware, virtualized environments and the Rackspace Cloud powered by OpenStack.
- Provide technical expertise to customers through various means on communications such as phone, tickets and online forums.
- Have an in depth understanding of the Rackspace product portfolio and educate customers on how best to utilize them within distributed web architectures.
- Use your knowledge to advise and guide customers on how to enhance the performance & stability of hosted applications.
- Interface with escalation points through out the business to solve complex customer issues and act as an escalation point for Junior Systems Administrators.
- Contribute to and maintain internal knowledge bases and documentation such as wiki's and code documentation.
- Maintain a high degree of industry and competitor awareness.
- Continuous product analysis, Q&A and improvement suggestions.
- Take responsibility for adhering to company security policies and procedures.
The key to our success is our people, so hiring the right individuals is absolutely key. We are constantly pushing the boundaries in an evolving tech world, creating tomorrow's solutions today.
Do you have what it takes? Do you have the passion to build Fanatical outcomes for our customers every day?
Accept the challenge join us!