* Are you an experienced Ruby engineer?
* Do you have an instinctive understanding of Ruby architecture, such as knowing when to use Ruby on Rails or NoSQL?
* Are you keen to work in an Agile Extreme Programming environment in the heart of Shoreditch at one of the UK's fastest-growing startups?
If so, this is a job opportunity that should not be missed. The number 1 ranked startup in the UK in 2012, which has attracted over $10m in funding since its founding in 2008, is looking for an experienced Ruby developer to join this exciting, growing team in its Head Office in Shoreditch, London. The company is growing rapidly and is in the process of opening 12 new offices in the USA, and its innovative and effective core product has been attracting significant media attention.
This is a company willing to pay for the highest quality of Ruby developers, but they need to be sure you have the skills required. You should be able to undertake TDD and BDD in Ruby - using Rspec and Cucumber - and know the language and the Ruby on Rails framework back to front. You will be working in an extreme programming (XP) environment, deploying every day and refactoring every day to always be improving the quality of the code.
* Commercial Ruby engineering / development experience and in-depth knowledge of Ruby programming
* Experience of application development using the Ruby on Rails framework
* Knowledge of databases using SQL and NoSQL
* Ability to insert an API when necessary
In this job there is only one level of developer and the employer is always willing to invest in the training of its programmers. You can learn the following technologies on the job, but any experience will be very helpful to your application:
* Neo4j - this is particularly useful!
* Visual VM
This job brings a generous salary and stock options. More importantly, you will be working on one of the most innovative projects to come out of the Shoreditch tech scene in years and will face difficult and rewarding challenges every day. The working hours are flexible and the company emphasises its friendly and sociable atmosphere.
Don't miss the opportunity to join this exciting, growing Ruby development team. Apply to this advert today or call George on 0207 203 8340.