Rolls-Royce has an excellent opportunity for Pipe Stress Engineers to join our Nuclear Submarine Business in Derby. The Current Class Pipe Stress Team, part of the Primary Components Operational Business Unit within Submarines, are looking to recruit Pipe Stress engineers to support the design, manufacture and safety justification of Nuclear Steam Raising Plant pipework and components.
Our submarines business is growing on a global scale. We support the Royal Navy as the technical authority to the UK Ministry of Defence for naval reactor plants and we're continuing to build our nuclear sector capability. For you, this means unique opportunities to work across our portfolio of products and services. Our global, multi-million pound learning and development initiatives empower each individual to build a world-class reputation.
In the role of a Pipe Stress Engineer you will work closely with other teams, and specialist functions including fluid systems engineers and stress experts to carry out ASME III NB/NC 3600 analyses of pipework in nuclear plant and to produce technical substantiation reports.
As a Pipe Stress Engineer you will be primarily responsible for:
- Working with transient specifications, drawings and alongside fluid system engineers to undertake ASME III NB/NC 3600 Analyses.
- Producing safety case documentation for pre-released plant pipework to meet customer programme dates.
- Producing safety case documentation for in-service pipework to ensure continued operation and to support product life extensions.
- Work with the customer, suppliers and key stakeholders to ensure stretching programme demands are met.
- Respond to emergent issues, as part of a dynamic team, to support the fleet.
We recruit excellence at every level from recent graduates to experienced professionals, including those with team management experience. Whatever your background, we have a unique range of opportunities in our nuclear business. Nuclear experience, although an advantage, is not a prerequisite for any roles.
Qualifications and Experience
- You will hold a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent discipline.
- You will possess good IT skills and will have strong programme management acumen and analytical skills.
- Ideally, you will have considerable experience as a Pipe Stress engineer and/or previous experience within the nuclear industry.
- It is desirable, but not essential, that you are able to competently use Pipestress PepS and/or ADLPipe.
- It is desirable that you are able to communicate with a variety of disciplines, suppliers and the customer.
Rolls-Royce is known the world over for creating high-performance, integrated power solutions for use on land, at sea and in the air. In pursuit of better power for a changing world, we apply our knowledge and technology to developing the best solutions for our customers and the environment.
Everyone who works for us receives a comprehensive rewards package that reflects our status as a leading global employer. Our aim is to create an environment in which business objectives and job requirements are clear and in which employees are fairly rewarded for their personal contribution and the overall success of the company.
We have become one of the world's leading engineering businesses through a consistent strategy for growth. Our order book currently stands at over £60 billion and we expect it to double in size over the next decade. Join us and work for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.