Oracle DBA - Fleet - Mission Critical environment, Financial Services industry - £56,000 + Benefits.
Austin Fraser are working with their leading Financial Services client near to Fleet to find an experienced Oracle DBA with potential to be a future Team Leader.
You will ideally have :
- Experience of working in Mission Critical 24/7 environment
- Experience as a Senior Oracle DBA
- Financial Services background
Job Summary :
- Proactively monitor the company's Oracle databases to ensure that reliable, effective and efficient service is delivered to our clients in line with Service Level Agreements.
- Develop in-depth, specialised knowledge of relevant database technologies and The Business's Group database applications in order to effectively manage and pro-actively enhance development and production environments.
- Provide consultancy and support to the development department and clients as required, which will include database design using SQL, PL/SQL and other Oracle technologies.
- Provide support and assistance to the Bureau, Insight team, Infrastructure team and clients as required, which will include database maintenance, helpdesk support, data analysis, database architecture & design using SQL, PL/SQL, scripting languages and other database technologies.
- Work with other members of the P&SO team to provide a high level of service to internal and external customers
- To architect, design and implement high availability database solutions that are secure, resilient and provide best of class service.
To develop and generate conceptual, business'sal, and physical database architectures, resulting documents and drawings, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound architecture.?
- To evaluate complex database technologies to understand their potential and recommend for future use.?
- To research technobusiness'sal advancements to ensure that database solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards.?
- To participate as the lead database subject matter expert in the development of solutions in support of new business and application expansion.?
Experience :Required :
Expert in administration of Oracle databases in managed service and software development environments:
- Oracle 10g & 11g (very strong)
- Oracle 12c (working to strong)
- Microsoft SQL (good understanding)
- Networking - working knowledge
- Operating System - Redhat 5.5/5.10/6 (strong)
- Windows 2K8/2k8R2 (good understanding)
- JBOSS Application stack - (good to strong)
- Oracle performance tuning
- Oracle clustering (RAC) (strong)
- Oracle replication (Datagaurd / streams) (strong)
- Disk technologies & Oracle DAS/SAN/iSCSI (good knowledge)
- Strong team lead
Considerable experience providing technical support to critical databases supporting major blue chip customers in a 24 x 7 managed services / data centre environment working with relevant technologies and within an ITIL framework.
Experience of RAC, Dataguard, ASM, MAA etc, with the ability to define system architecture. Strong SQL and PL/SQL skills with a wide-ranging knowledge of tools and technologies complementary to Oracle.Networking:
a working understanding of communications network systems.Operating Systems :
Windows Server, Linux & other UNIX operating systemsTools
: Oracle technologies such as RAC, Dataguard, MicroStrategyRDBMS
: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, Data warehousingMethodologies :
entity relationship modelling, object-
Awareness of cutting-edge and emerging technologies (.NET, Web Sphere, J2EE etc.)Preferred :
- Relevant industry experience. MS SQL 2005/8, Application Support experience, ITIL Qualification
Please send me your up to date CV in Word Format for immediate consideration