GIS Consultant: A major consultancy company are looking to recruit a GIS Consultant at their site in Epsom.
The role of GIS Consultant is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right person to gain experience implementing GI solutions across disciplines and through all parts of a projects life cycle. Clients are normally based in the UK but flexibility to work abroad is essential.
GIS Consultant Responsibilities:
* Represent the UK Geospatial team overseas providing solutions to the offices and external clients
* Key contact for GIS data capture, cartography, analysis and modelling within the company.
* Sell the benefits of GIS in a multi disciplinary environment
* Provide GIS support on projects (both internal to the company and externally direct with clients) to various disciplines from around the company.
* Identify and develop business opportunities by providing client focused GIS solutions
* Project manage internal GIS projects
* Degree qualified (min 2:1) or equivalent, and have demonstrable experience of GIS, technical consultancy and the delivery of tasks to time, quality and cost objectives.
* Have experience in the development of solutions using one or more of ESRI ArcGIS for SharePoint; ESRI ArcGIS API for Silverlight/WPF; Open source GIS (e.g. OpenLayers and GeoServer); Oracle Spatial; PostgreSQL / PostGIS; Java; OGC standards; Microsoft SharePoint; Jquery
* Have experience of providing GIS technical consultancy services
* The ability to technically author bid responses and estimate effort required for delivery
* Be able to demonstrate proficiency in the deployment and configuration of GIS tools, including but not limited to, ESRI ArcGIS Server and GeoServer
* Be proficient in the delivery of allocated project tasks, to quality, time and budget requirements;
* Experience in the analysis of faults and development of patches for existing deployed solutions
* Willingness to learn new technologies and keep abreast of changing trends within the industry;
* A desire to innovate, looking for new ways of doing things differently to help the company maintain its competitive advantage
Apply Now or call Steve on 01923 225581