Web Test Analyst
Fabric, an award winning digital agency, is looking for another test analyst to join their team.Working alongside our team of web developers overseen by a Senior Tester, you will be responsible for planning and delivering test strategies and plans to ensure the work we deliver to our clients is of the highest quality. The work will be primarily based around a complex web based system in the construction sector as well as client websites.
The Test Analyst role
You will have at least three years of commercial test experience working alongside developers, ideally testing software written in PHP (although other programming or scripting languages will be considered). You will be keen to get involved in a range of testing including designing and implementing automated testing suites, load and performance testing, identifying risk and using tracking tools. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable providing constructive feedback where necessary.
Essential technical skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years commercial experience of testing web applications (manual)
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Level Certified Software Tester
- Knowledge and experience of bug tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, YouTrack)
- Experience of working across the full testing lifecycle - writing test scripts, executing tests, logging defects etc
Essential personal skills and experience:
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Friendly, eagerness to help and a positive attitude
- Ambition and strong desire for progression
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of Behaviour driven development
- Experience of load and performance testing
- Basic PHP and HTML coding knowledge
- Working in an Agile environment
- Exposure to Automation Testing (Selenium)
Established since 2002, we are a digital agency based in the centre of Manchester.We offer the full range of digital and marketing projects to clients, but have a particular emphasis and experience in more complex online software projects.
As well as providing the opportunity to work as part of our fantastic team, the role comes with a competitive salary (based on your experience, background and skills) plus 25 day holiday allowance (plus bank holidays).
We operate an ‘organic training scheme’ where we encourage team members to seek out training opportunities that will benefit themselves, the team and the company.This may be a formal training program, attending a seminar, dedicated time for an internal R&D project, reading time and/or material or whatever way best suits your learning.
We encourage and expect team members to take responsibility for their own personal development.
If you are top class Test Analyst and you are interested in the role please click on the ‘Apply now’ button below.