Salary between £24,000 and £38,000 depending on experience plus exceptional benefits including 25 days’ holiday per year; paid overtime; a gym subsidy; private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice; family friendly benefits and policies.
We are currently seeking Test Automation QAs who are looking for an exciting and challenging career with Accenture – an employer that enables you to make a real difference.
You'll join the vibrant, modern Digital Delivery Centre we're creating in Newcastle, where the needs of our customers will be at the heart of everything we do. Using agile methods and the latest technology, you'll be right at the forefront of building revolutionary new digital services that will change forever how individuals and businesses interact with UK Government. Using agile methods, you will work closely with other members of the scrum team throughout the development cycle in order to design, build, test, maintain and support the new digital services.
Key features of the role:
Accenture is currently initiating various programmes on behalf of our clients which require significant technology delivery. To facilitate this demand we are seeking Test Automation QAs with technical knowledge to join our team.
- Collaborate with service/product managers and business analysts to ensure that user needs for the new digital services are fully understood and that user stories contain effective, actionable acceptance criteria
- Develop a multi-faceted approach to testing, ensuring that services function correctly on multiple devices, including desktop, mobile, tablet, games consoles and other commonly used ways of accessing digital services.
- Identify test cases that are suitable for automation and work with the Agile Test Manager, developers and architects to define the approach to automated testing
- Write automated acceptance tests that can be integrated into the software build process.
- Investigate and evangelize new approaches to automated software testing, taking into account the continuously changing Digital landscape and how this impacts our products.
- Organise and perform manual tests when automated approaches are not possible.
Required Technical Skills:
- Experience of agile software development and testing methods
- Experience of automation testing using Selenium WebDriver
- Demonstrable understanding of test driven development approaches
- Proven ability to code in at least one programming language (such as Java or C#) and rapidly learn other tools and languages
- Proven ability to independently research and communicate new testing technologies or approaches
- Detail-oriented: able to document and follow detailed instructions within test scripts and defect tracking documents
- Experience of testing software across multiple web browsers and devices
Required Professional Skills:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Take initiative and being innovative with new ideas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Choose Accenture for a Test Analyst career, with a good work life balance, where the variety of opportunities and challenges allows you to make a difference every day. A place where you can develop your expertise working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team-focused environment. The only place where you can use your skills to provide high-quality, long-term services for our Global Fortune 500 clients, helping them achieve high performance. If this is your idea of a typical working day, along with all of the benefits and support offered, then Accenture is the place to be.
To apply, click on the 'Apply on company website' button below.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$28.6 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2013.
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2014. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Any offer of employment to successful candidates will be subject to them passing the required BPSS security clearance check process.