Front End Web Developer
Accenture UK – Outsourcing workforce
Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary up to £30,000 depending on experience plus exceptional benefits including 25 days’ holiday per year; paid overtime; a gym subsidy; private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice; family friendly benefits & policies
We are currently seeking Front End Developers who are looking for an exciting and challenging career with Accenture – an employer that enables you to make a real difference.
You'll join the vibrant, modern Digital Delivery Centre we're creating in Newcastle, where the needs of our customers will be at the heart of everything we do. Using agile methods and the latest technology, you'll be right at the forefront of building revolutionary new digital services that will change forever how individuals and businesses interact with UK Government. Using agile methods, you will work closely with other members of the scrum team throughout the development cycle in order to design, build, test, maintain and support the new digital services.
Key features of the role
Accenture is currently initiating various programmes on behalf of our clients which require significant technology delivery. To facilitate this demand we are seeking Front End Web Developers with technical knowledge
· Deliver application designs that meet web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset
· Collaborate with design specialists to translate designs into high quality websites, apps, HTML emails, and interactive experiences
· Contribute to the development and continual enhancement of products
· Partner with Product Managers, Design specialists, Business Analysts and Software Developers to facilitate a consistent user experience
· Participate in the rapid development of user-driven digital prototypes
· Work in cross-functional teams to write and test production quality, sustainable code for world-class user interfaces for new and existing systems
· Ensure that new and updated digital services are thoroughly tested for accessibility and can be maintained and improved over the long-term.
· Contribute to a culture of continual improvement in which key systems “owned” by your digital service team are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
· Become involved in the wider web development community, building relationships with other front-end developers and identifying best practices we can adopt
Required Technical Skills
· Proven experience in the use and implementation of modern front end web programming techniques
· Experience with different front end web programming languages (e.g. HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, JSON)
· Understanding of the use of responsive web design
· Experience of back end programming including Java (Scala programming experience would be desirable)
· Good understanding of web technologies and protocols
· Demonstrable ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
· Demonstrable ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
· Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
Required Professional Skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Take initiative and being innovative with new ideas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Choose Accenture for a Front end web development career, with a good work-life balance,where the variety of opportunities and challenges allows you to make a difference every day. A place where you can develop your expertise working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team-focused environment. The only place where you can use your skills to provide high-quality, long-term services for our Global Fortune 500 clients, helping them achieve high performance. If this is your idea of a typical working day, along with all of the benefits and support offered, then Accenture is the place to be.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$28.6 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2013.
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2014. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Any offer of employment to successful candidates will be subject to them passing the required BPSS security clearance check process.