QA Analyst, Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary up to £32,000
Our client is expanding it's QA and Development teams due to growth and expansion and they're looking to recruit an additional QA Analyst to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing test cases within an agile work environment that will conform to functional specifications, design documents, and external application standards. They will also review and report on test case results and lead communications within a cross functional team. In addition, the successful candidate will develop and provide time/cost estimates for project planning and budgeting purposes.
- Performs structured testing tasks on pre-release versions of the company's products.
- Performs functional, application, regression, and performance tests.
- Execute both manual and automated test scripts.
- Collaborate with Automation Engineers to identify tests that will be automated.
- Keeps record of test progress and results.
- Use bug-tracking system to maintain list of bugs and coordinate bug reports.
- Review user documentation and on-line help for technical accuracy and completeness.
- Bring up any quality issues immediately.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and support to understand user experience with Viewpoint Products.
- Perform ad hoc testing based on knowledge of user stories and client products.
- Create test scenarios and test strategies to ensure adequate test coverage is achieved for assigned areas.
- Review Application design and functional specification documents to ensure application meets generally accepted industry standards.
- Identify any new or changed functionality during test planning and convey this information to the Automation process to increase and maintain coverage.
- Provide accurate time estimates for testing tasks.
- Recommends updates/improvements to test procedures
- Verifies data and investigates product integrity and software functionality.
- Works with QA management and other QA staff in order to ensure that testing strategies and objectives are maintained.
- Two years of college-level coursework and relevant experience in software quality assurance, product research, or testing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated testing skills, issue characterization, and understanding of the QA process.
- Strong technical skills with a variety of business software tools including MS Office applications
Salary up to £32,000