Software Engineer, Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary up to £30,000
Our client has an opening for a .NET Software Engineer to join their rapidly expanding Development team. Located in our EMEA Headquarters in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, this is an exciting time to join them as they grow and bring new features to their already award winning software.
They are looking for a talented, intelligent individual to join their established team who will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of the organisation. This role will involve all aspects of the software development lifecycle following the Kanban agile methodology and uses the latest .NET web technologies. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an international company as they continue their ambitious growth plans and global progression, whilst maintaining a local focus on talent.
Meeting the requirements of the job description is desired although their focus is about finding the right people to compliment and expand their range of capabilities and personalities. Therefore if you are motivated, ambitious and interested in the range of technologies and practices they use and meet some of the requirements, they are still interested in hearing from you! My client encourages development and training for the successful candidate.
- Works with Product Management and Product Support to understand and fix customer issues, and to design and develop minor enhancements to existing features.
- Works with the Software Architect to ensure that design fits in with overall architecture and strategic direction of the product.
- Primarily responsible for developing high quality, stable code for use in products and solutions for customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that fixes to defects and new feature enhancements adhere to the design requirements (where applicable) and incorporate the software quality attributes of Functionality, Usability, Reliability, Performance and Supportability (FURPS)
- Participates in peer code reviews to assist the quality assurance (comments, correctness & style) of new code and for knowledge sharing.
- Works closely with QA team to assist the development of test cases, to support testing of complex functionality and to resolve hard to reproduce defects.
- Effectively develops and uses a systematic approach to analyse and solve problems. Acts proactively to anticipate risk and seeks to mitigate them before they occur. Visualises the big picture and effectively identifies key issues and designs harmonious and effective solutions.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to others with various levels of knowledge.
- Tracks the status of assigned project tasks to insure timely completion, maintains communication with stakeholders regarding progress of work, and notifies appropriate parties when open issues have been resolved.
- Participates with an Agile Development team in all stages of product maintenance.
- Identifies opportunities for improving software development methods and procedures and communicates recommendations appropriately.
- Contributes to the overall success of the team by participating in team estimating meetings, designs, code reviews and pair programming activities.
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of working experience in SaaS / Web software development.
- Good technical knowledge in agile software development methodologies, design and implementation. In particular Scrum or Kanban.
- Good analytical and design skills at product level.
- Familiarity with the software development process with emphasis on software quality (test driven development, code review, unit & system testing, etc).
- Good communications and interpersonal skills essential.
Salary up to £30,000