Network Operations Engineer
We are seeking a Network Operations Engineer who wishes to immerse themselves in the commercial dynamics of a global group of successful companies. Due to rapid growth and the companies' ambitious growth plans, a positive, winning attitude, with a calm demeanor and methodical approach are essential.
The Network Operations Engineer must be self-motivated, approachable, and adaptable and have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). You will also be enthusiastic about providing the best possible service, both internally and externally, to clients, customers, suppliers, vendors and staff. You will be expected to document all work procedures and ensure that this information is shared across the global team.
The Network Operations Engineer must also have experience working in a large enterprise organization and dynamic environment, preferably in the e-commerce space. You should be able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time. This should ideally include experience with working for an international company where the support teams are located in different parts of the world. Since you will be interfacing with offices overseas, International carrier and vendor experience is important in this position.Key Responsibilities
Required Experiences and Skills
- Support the proper functioning of the companies' sites and systems through strong knowledge of switching, routing, TCP/IP, eBGP, iBGP, OSPF, MPLS
- Configure, support and manage the company firewalls and VPN appliances, Juniper SRX series platforms and Aruba Wireless controllers.
- Configure and manage Layer 3 switches & routers including Juniper EX series switches Arista DCS devices and Juniper MX services routers. Knowledge of equivalent Cisco devices is a plus.
- Ensure the highest possible availability of the networks through strong knowledge of internet routing protocols, particularly OSPF, BGP (internal and external types) as related to Internet based peering
- Knowledge of application delivery controllers and load balancers. We use F5 BigIP and Barracuda.
- Ensure that any network issues are investigated, diagnosed and resolved in a timely fashion
- As a Network Engineer, you also need to:
- Project manage upgrades or system implementations by working closely with the Engineering team and the user population to ensure that appropriate information is communicated on a timely basis
- Devise, develop, and implement documented recovery procedures and failure testing; test regularly to minimize risk
- Network management (knowledge of Cacti, Radius, Infoblox, Arbor recommended)
Desired Experiences and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Cisco Professional Certification (CCNA/CCNP) or Juniper (JNCIA/JNCIS)
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper. Ability to upgrade devices without assistance
- Upgrading OS images on network hardware
- Experience with routing protocols including OSPF and BGP inc redistribution/iBGP/eBGP
- Good knowledge of SNMP
- Able to create and modify firewall policies with minimal supervision
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Multi-tasking ability
- Pro-active and 'can-do' attitude
- Methodical, meticulous, attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience with wireless technologies and cisco call center/cisco voice
- Scripting and knowledge of CUCM
Note, these positions are only open to UK candidates or candidates who are in possession of valid work and residence permit in UK due to visa and travel requirements.
If you are a Network Operations Engineer and you are interested in this role please click on the 'Apply now' button below