Websphere MQ Technician, IT Operations Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres, voice and data networks, ATMs, desktops and other devices.
It employs around 8,500 employees globally and comprises five functions: Client Services, Enterprise Services and Architecture, Data Centre and Service Management, Relationship Management, Project Management and PMO, and Risk and Administration. Collectively, these areas define and deliver HSBC's technology strategy to support the Group's goals.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Websphere MQ Technician.
In this role, you will:
- Take responsibility for the detailed design, installation, configuration and maintenance of the MQ infrastructure
- Take control of Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of WebSphere MQ across multiple platforms
- Build development environments and provide support during application development
- Build production systems and provide support through to go live
- Provide documentation for production support
- Manage small projects and deliver to deadlines
Please note that this role will be referred to internally as Technical Analyst.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Websphere MQ
- Previous experience as a MQ Administrator or equivalent
- Desirable but not essential to have knowledge of the following products: Unix, Linux, Zseries
- Desirable but not essential to have knowledge of the following software: Java, Perl, Shell, Visio, Websphere message broker
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00004FW5You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.