Senior Monitoring & Performance Authority - Oracle
This is an exciting opportunity to join Vodafone in an Oracle monitoring & performance Engineer role working on the huge NewCo / NewVo programme. The role is based at Vodafone’s office in Berkshire.
Vodafone UK is undergoing a significant business transformation. This transformation programme is called NewCo – the aim is to transform Vodafone to deliver a world class customer experience for our Consumer and Enterprise customers.
As the Monitoring and Reporting Authority, you will be an expert in monitoring and operational reporting. You will be responsible for delivering strategic solutions for monitoring and operational reporting on key IT systems running Vodafone’s customer relations, billing, retail and online services. You will be expected to implement predictive monitoring and alerting solutions to identify and correct potential issues before customers are impacted.
You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of using tools for alerting, diagnostics and predictive analysis across distributed systems. You will be able to devise solutions to correlate information from multiple sources to facilitate fast identification and resolution of any issues. You should be highly experienced in Enterprise Monitoring tools and be familiar with Oracle applications and infrastructure.
As a Senior Monitoring & Performance Authority your main responsibilities will involve:
• Setting the strategy for monitoring and operational tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Cloud Control, OEM Ops Centre, CAM, Fabric Manager, OMX controller and Fabric Manager.
• Provide analysis and configuration support for OEM applications and custom features being deployed in NewCo Domain across the NewCo and Retail applications, and for the Oracle management tools for Online applications
• Work closely with the team of support engineers to ensure any projects implemented are following support best practices
• Work closely with a team of NewCo engineers and experienced developers to resolve issues.
• Troubleshoot and find resolutions to complex technical OEM and management tool problems.
• Incorporate findings into the department's best practices methodology
As a Senior Monitoring & Performance Authority your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Hands on experience of using one or more of these tools: Oracle OEM, Nagios, Tivoli, OpenView or equivalent for monitoring and operational reporting.
• Experience interfacing with both customers’ non-technical business owners and highly experienced IT staff
• Basic Networking experience – conceptual understanding of Load Balancers, TCP/IP, firewalls, proxy servers
• Systems Integration Experience
• Ability to create scripts (Perl, Bash) and tools
• Understanding of the fundamental concepts of SOA
• Operating System: Linux
• Experience of supporting applications implemented in Java EE.
• Knowledge of Java EE technologies such as EJB, JMS, JDBC etc. preferred
• Web services Knowledge of fundamentals of web services and preferably enterprise web services architecture, deployment and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g database
• Working knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and JDBC.
What we're looking for in you
The role requires an experienced manager to be able to define the strategy for this part of the programme. You will need to be confident and assertive in order to work with the senior platform engineering team.
Vodafone is the world's leading mobile communications group with around 340 million proportionate customers worldwide. We employ approximately 80,000 people in our group operations and national operating companies in more than 20 countries across the globe. We have also forged Partner Market agreements in more than 40 countries round the world.