Rackspace is the global leader in hybrid cloud and founder of OpenStack®, the open-source operating system for the cloud. Hundreds of thousands of customers look to us to deliver the best-fit infrastructure for their IT needs, leveraging a product portfolio that allows workloads to run where they perform best—whether on the public cloud, private cloud, dedicated servers, or a combination of platforms.
Our award-winning Fanatical Support helps customers successfully architect, deploy and run their most critical applications. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, we have offices in the UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Switzerland and Amsterdam with data centres on four continents. We are featured on the Sunday Times list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
The key to our success is our people, so hiring the right individuals is absolutely key. We are constantly pushing the boundaries in an evolving tech world, creating tomorrow's solutions today. Do you have what it takes? Do you have the passion to build Fanatical outcomes for our customers every day? Accept the challenge — JOIN US!
The SMB Marquee team is responsible for providing Fanatical Support™ to Rackspace’s top spending customers within our SMB segment.
The Marquee team sits within SMB managing a number of accounts; these accounts are a combination of high MRR (Monthly Re-occurring Revenue) and/or are identified as being a long term strategic account for Rackspace. Typically these customers are far more complex that the majority of customers within SMB. As a result the account team has to work very closely with the business to accommodate customer requirements.
The role of the Senior Dual Systems Administrator is to provide hands on technical support for large and complex problems as well as being a proactive and consultative resource to help customers plan for their future growth and the utilization of new technologies. Success in the role requires:
- A passion for the latest Internet and Hosting technologies
- In depth knowledge of Windows and its application in a web hosting environment
- Strong knowledge of Linux, MySQL and Apache
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Effective communication skills at all levels, technical through to non-technical directors
- Commercial and business acumen
You will be the most senior technical person working on the Marquee accounts, oftening owning the complex issues on customer solutions. You will seek to drive improvement in the way we service our customers through automation and repeatability.
- Take ownership of technical issues that are experienced and drive them through to resolution ensuring Rackspace best practices are observed and a consistent approach is maintained.
- Configure, Administer and Troubleshoot complex solutions built using dedicated hardware, virtualized environments and the Rackspace Cloud powered by OpenStack.
- Act as a consultative resource for customers to assist them in achieving their business objectives
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to review solution architecture then put forward and implement proposals for improvement
- Respond to support requests and co-ordinate Rackspace/Customer support teams where appropriate
- Attend and participate in monthly/quarterly service review meetings and lead on technical elements of the solution.
- Drive improvement in the way we service our customers through automation and repeatability.
- Work in alignment with the other Technical departments to ensure a consistent approach to support practices; attend technical forums and tech huddles in SMB
- Work collaboratively with Business Development Consultants to ensure that solutions being sold to Managed Marquee accounts (current or future) are being designed appropriately.
- Contribute to Account Development Plans and ensure technical suitability of all content
- Support Service Delivery Manager on technical content and resolution that would form part of Incident reports delivered to customers for service failures and major incidents.
- Work in a proactive manner identifying accounts that are high touch/volume and highlight opportunities to improve their experiences
- Ensure that Closed Loop activities are supported from a technical perspective and assist SDMs to communicate the technical details of causes for concern
- Build strong relationships across the Technical Teams to ensure promoter successes from within the customer contact base
- Experience working with troubleshooting complex Physical, Virtualized and Cloud infrastructure configurations.
- Working knowledge of common network topologies and hardware including firewalls, load balancers and servers.
- In depth understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or CentOS /Ubuntu/Debian along with various Windows OS.
- Advanced troubleshooting and configuration with Apache and NGINX.
- Experience with common CMS and eCommerce software such as Drupal, Wordpress and Magento.
- Fundamental knowledge of SSH, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS and other common protocols
- Working knowledge of web caching software such as memcache and Varnish is advantageous.
- RHCE Certification
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting high availability clusters using Red Had Cluster Suite is desirable.
- Experience with Postfix troubleshooting and configuration. Other MTA's such as Qmail also beneficial
- Experience using and integrating with REST API's
- Ability to work with configurations management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Anisible, Salt Stack highly desirable
- RHCSA certification highly desirable
- MySQL administration and troubleshooting as well as experience with Postgres, Hadoop or MongoDB is desirable.
- Understand software development methodologies and demonstrate ability to write and troubleshoot code in one or more of the following languages is highly desirable: