Development Manager / Java J2EE, JEE
This position involves travel (usually Monday through Thursday) to client sites in the Netherlands.
A global software provider is looking to hire a Development Manager to work with Java J2EE development teams based mainly in the Netherlands. The role will give the opportunity for an experienced Development manager to maintain Java coding skills as well as developing a team of junior and experienced Java developers.
As a Development Manager you will need to have a background with J2EE coding and have moved more recently into a managerial position. Using your Java skills you will then lead a team of expert development professionals in order to deliver high quality software solutions for an international client. The majority of your time will be spent in the Netherlands but for the rest of your time you will be able to work from anywhere in the UK.
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Must understand technical feasibility of designed solution and work with Business Analysts to address resolution.
- Directly manages a team of developers.
- Works with Professional Services Management to provide task level estimation for large scale enterprise projects.
- Reviews work of development team including code reviews.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Creates and executes development plans with the Project Manager and revises as appropriate to meet clients’ needs
Must have skills:
- Recent hands-on Java development experience.
- Experience managing small / medium software development teams.
- Experience with J2EE Middleware (highly prefer Oracle/.BEA WebLogic or/and IBM WebSphere) design and development within a Java J2EE framework.
Business skills required:
- A high-energy individual who is able to simultaneously manage multiple project activities.
- Attention to Detail – Ability to undertake detailed project activities with accuracy and reliability.
- Management – Ability to manage development teams from planning through execution.
- Team Work – Ability to interface and work cooperatively with teammates, customers and third-party service providers.
- Problem Solving Skills – Ability to resolve customer problems with diplomacy, either directly or with the team’s assistance