.Net Consultant – London/Edinburgh – .NET, C#, SQL
Sopra Group is currently seeking an experienced .NET Consultant to join the dedicated BI Team in either our London or Edinburgh Office.
Location – London or Edinburgh, but must be willing to travel to client sites.
This role will the development and design of software solutions and systems enhancements for various client projects, and ongoing support of clients systems. There is a strong hands-on client-facing troubleshooting support element to the role that requires quick thinking, but adherence to process.
• .NET 4.0
• Possibly VB.NET
• Ideally FS
Strong consultancy fit
• Knowledge of ESRI, Open Source GIS, or SharePoint would be advantageous
• SOA Architecture design and implementation
• Track record in working with clients to estimate work and manage change request Understanding of Oracle
• Formal certification would be an advantage.
• Business Intelligence experience using SQL Reporting Services
• As this is a client facing role we would expect candidates to possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• MSBI – SSRS, SSAS, SSIS
• A good team player and able to work independently.
• Excellent Client Facing skills.
• A self-starter who is proactive in nature.
• Excellent verbal , written communication and presentational skills.
• Abilities to build cross functional and external relationships.
• Effective negotiating and influencing skills..
• Strong Self Developer
To make the most of the exciting career and development opportunities available across the Group we ask that candidates are flexible and willing to travel.
Sopra Group is one of Europe's largest and most successful IT Services Organisations. The UK is one of the most strategically important markets for the Group and we deliver a full range of IT Services to many of the UK's leading organisations.
We have a workforce of over 1,000 across the UK and Ireland and as a Group, a total workforce of over 16,000 based throughout Europe.
Sopra Group – Our People
To deliver our services, we require high calibre people with the drive and determination to be successful in their chosen area of expertise. In return for the flexibility and ambition expected, we encourage our people to embrace opportunities for career advancement through the provision of appropriate learning and development and through the wide and varied roles that they are presented with. As such our people are continuously challenged to develop high-quality IT solutions and services that help improve our clients' businesses.
Sopra Group prides itself on being an 'Employer of Choice', we have clear career paths and job role profiles that are in line with the rest of the industry, in terms of both remuneration, working hours and responsibilities.
We are striving towards Equal Opportunities and employ people based solely on merit.
Sopra Group is registered with The Corporate Telephone Preference Service (CTPS) and will not accept unsolicited calls, emails or faxes from recruitment agencies.