Who are we?
We are part of one of the most financially solid businesses in the world. ADP is listed in New York on the NASDAQ, carries a AAA credit rating and is home to nearly 53,000 employees in all corners of the world. But we are also an organisation small enough for everyone to count. There are 2400 employees in DSI, everyone matters and everyone’s ideas and energy add to our continued growth and success.
What do we do?
ADP DSI is the market leading supplier of technology systems to the retail automotive industry. Our advanced, highly capable, integrated software is working in more than 50 countries to manage the car dealerships handling the biggest and best-known brands in the automotive industry.
Currently for our Hosting Services Department we are looking for an experienced Windows Systems Administrator to join our professional team in Hungerford
The duties of a Hosting Systems Engineer include the support a large infrastructure of about 500+ physical & virtual Windows OS servers in a multi -tiered, internet facing hosting environment. This position will work with management and team members to develop strategies and initiatives for the Global Hosting Windows Team.
- Support production environments including Windows Server 2000-2012, AD and other core Windows infrastructure components, IIS, SQL 2000-2012, VMWare ESX, messaging, and more.
- Install, administer, and manage VMware ESX 5.0 / 5.1 and Windows based servers.
- Utilization of Puppet Labs 3.0 tooling and scripting for automated configuration management
- Tactical management of and contribution to team projects, including prioritization and multi-task assignments.
- Ensure operating standards are developed, maintained, and adhered to.
- Analyse, acquire, install, modify and support all Windows Server operating systems.
- Automation/scripting and systems support activities, including system integration and monitoring.
- Serve as a mentor for junior administrators and Tier 1/2 support teams.
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure and process improvements. Assess new technologies. Architect and implement POC's and production implementations.
Qualifications / Requirements:
We are looking for driven and motivated candidates who can demonstrate the following technical knowledge:
- Experience of designing and working with Windows Server operating systems environments
- Knowledge of hosting/SaaS/ASP environments focusing on systems performance and high availability.
- Strong system and infrastructure design skills
- Excellent understanding of Windows OS 2003 and Newer. (Only Server operating systems applicable in this environment.)
- Experience working with various Linux operating systems
- Understanding of networking concepts as they apply in an enterprise-class Data Centre; complex DNS implementations, Cisco and F5 Networks networking device experienced preferred.
- Active Directory (user and computer management, Group Policy).
- Relational databases SQL Server (2000-2012) as it relates to systems administration only. (No DBA skills needed)
This an exciting opportunity to work within an international company with real prospects for developing your skills and furthering your career. If you are a problem slover, interested in working in a dynamic international team for a company with global reach do not hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.