Automated Test Analyst
This is an automated testing role based within the Development division of the business. The role is responsible for ensuring an excellent standard of reliability and quality of released software. Fidessa is a complex client/server application with software that runs on a client computer and makes requests to a remote server. Unlike a Web application, much of the processing is carried out by the client application with a large number of grids and dialogs displayed on the client. We write QTP test scripts in VBscript and incorporate lower level proprietary code routines that interface directly with the client application.
- Demonstrable experience of testing client-server type applications
- Experience of automated software testing and a good understanding of the complete development life cycle
- Knowledge of software or scripting language
- Thorough understanding of Testing principles, practices and processes
- Ability to analyse situations and solve problems
- Ability to write concise and error-free test cases
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with members of the team and across the business
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing objectives as the products develop to meet customer requirements
- Calmness under pressure and ability to maintain good humour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out regression tests
- Assist the team with the continuous program of automated test case enrichment and increased coverage
- Assist other members of the team with running tests and investigating problems
- Provide progress updates to allow tracking of progress on projects
- Investigate and accurately record all problems found during testing in a timely fashion, ensuring that developers are aware. Be prepared to explain these and possible workarounds so that details can be included in the Release Notes
- Develop an understanding of the test environments required by the project(s) and how these interact so that they can be requested in line with the testing schedule.
The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them.
Fidessa does not advertise salary ranges for any of its vacancies. Whilst some departments will have a specific budget range for individual roles, salary offers are dependent on an individual's skillset and experience. If you have a salary expectation in mind, please mention this in your cover letter/email.
This is an excellent chance to join one of the UK’s leading software specialists in the exciting global finance sector. To apply please click the apply button below. If you have any queries, please contact the Recruitment Team on 01483 206628 for further details.