Network Engineer / Cisco
A global professional services organisation based in Leeds City Centre is looking for a Network Engineer with strong Cisco skills. As a Cisco Network Engineer you will be responsible for the day-to-day and strategic IT services, support, development, implementation and planning for a range of applications covering desktop services, back-office applications and practice management. The team also manages the global infrastructure across all of the offices.
Working with the Network Communications Manager and other Technology Managers the Network Engineer will provide technical support services to the IT teams, business end-users, and IT Managers in line with the strategic and operational objectives.
The Cisco Network Engineer position is responsible for the infrastructure and the life cycle of the designated platforms. This includes the commissioning, on going maintenance, issue resolution and change control whilst ensuring the designated platform has sufficient capacity, performs as required and is readily available throughout the platforms existence.
- Monitor, maintain and analyse the health and performance of all major global Cisco network elements (WAN, LAN, VLAN, WLAN).
- Validate problem descriptions and perform detailed diagnosis, track and update problems in the Firm’s ticketing system.
- Day to day monitoring of capacity and availability of all networks globally
- Creation and provision of capacity and availability reports as required
- Manage, monitor and maintain network optimisation devices such as Riverbeds.
- Monitor networks on a global basis using incumbent network monitoring tools
- Provide support to the engineering team when installing, configuring, upgrading, deploying new or replacement infrastructure
- Understanding firewall technologies and how they fit into the global network, providing adhoc changes as required.
- Monitoring, maintaining and measuring all network management devices within the DMZ.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation as required to help the overall Technical Infrastructure team
- Works in conjunction with the Technical Infrastructure team to isolate and resolve problems.