ICT Site Leader
Oasis Academy John Williams
NJC SCP 27 – 31 (£22,958 – 26,276)
We currently have an amazing opportunity for a confident and motivated self-starter to fill an ICT Site Leader vacancy at Oasis, one of the largest Academy sponsors in the UK.
This will be a permanent role based at Oasis Academy John Williams in Bristol. You will need to be assertive and have the skills to teach and advise others as you will be supporting both staff and pupils through appropriate ICT training, as well as being responsible for the Academy’s ICT department. The main responsibilities for this role will be:
- To ensure the smooth running, maintenance and development of ICT systems to facilitate teaching, learning, administration and Leadership in the Academy.
- To identify software, hardware and working practices required to fulfil functional specifications as defined by Academy staff.
- To support other technicians in performing their day to day duties, by providing technical and procedural advice
The successful candidate will have a strong ICT technical background, possess knowledge of, or experience in using, a service software package or working to an SLA and be tactically driven. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are also essential. Experience of working in an education environment is desirable, but not essential.
This person we are looking for must be reliable, have a pro-active approach to work and be extremely customer focused.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a National IT team which has recently invested 3.5 million pounds in IT systems.As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programme using industry certified accreditation e.g. Microsoft Certified professional , ITIL/Prince2 etc
- An opportunity to work with new technology e.g. HP Servers, CISCO etc
- A final salary pension scheme with a Local Government pension provider
- A generous holiday allowance for support staff, starting at 25 days per year, rising to 30 days after two years (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced CRB checks.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the Application Form which can be found on our website. This should be returned to: email@example.com. Please highlight any questions to Yaaba Erzuah, HR Officer (020 7921 4261).
Closing date for applications is: 9:00am on Friday 16th November 2012
Interviews will take place on the morning of 21st November 2012
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529 and is an exempt charity under the terms of the Charities Act 1993 and 2006.